- Place your Ruby Rubber Tree in a room that gets a medium amount of natural light or near a window with a sheer curtain for filtered sunlight. Rotate the plant occasionally to encourage even growth.
- The Ruby Rubber Tree will grow well in medium, indirect light, but needs some bright light to keep her variegated leaves.
- Water when the top part of soil has dried out. Water evenly so that the soil is damp, not soggy. When watering, water the plant with fresh, lukewarm water generously and evenly from above, then tip out any excess water. Mist or wipe down the leaves with a damp cloth to promote shiny foliage. Reduce watering during the cold season.
- Does well at room temperature between 60°F – 77°F. Cold temperatures should be avoided.
- Does well at normal (about 40% – 60%) humidity levels. If the air around the plant is too dry, use a humidifier or occasionally mist the plant to increase humidity.
- The plant can live happily in the provided pot for up to two years. Check if the plant is ready to be repotted by touching the soil and seeing if it has become loose, or if the roots have become overgrown. Repot in the Spring using a rich, well-draining soil. When your plant is ready to be repotted, you can follow our simple how-to guide.
Unhealthy Plant Signs
- Falling leaves and yellowing leaves may be a sign of overwatering. Cut off any damaged leaves to encourage new growth. If the leaves become dull the plant needs more sunlight.
- The sap of this plant may cause irritation to the skin. If ingested, may cause a harmful reaction in pets.