- Your Philodendron Xanadu prefers medium to bright indirect light—placing it near an east or south-facing window is ideal. It will, however, survive in lower light and the leaves will turn a darker green. Direct sun or too much light will burn or fade the leaves.
- Water your Philodendron Xanadu when its soil becomes dry to a depth of 1-2 inches. Water the plant until water flows into the saucer, then pour out any excess. Don’t allow the pot to stand in water, as this will cause root rot. During the winter, water less often, keeping the soil barely moist.
- Your Philodendron Xanadu will tolerate the level of humidity found in most homes, but high humidity promotes lush growth and shiny foliage, so it is a good idea to mist the plant regularly.
- Your Philodendron Xanadu likes warm temperatures above 55 degrees. Keep them away from drafts and open doors, especially during the winter.
- Fertilize monthly during the spring and summer with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer diluted to half the recommended strength. Never apply fertilizer to dry soil, always make sure soil is damp before applying plant food.
- Philodendron Xanadu leaves are toxic to pets and humans. Typically, ingestion will result in swelling of the lips and tongue, and stomach irritation with possible vomiting.