Scientific Name: Osteospermum ecklonis Common Name: African Daisy
Hardiness Zone: 9a – 11
Hardiness Degree: 32°F (0.0°C) Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring Plant Habit: Mounded Characteristics: Frost Tolerant, Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Attracts Hummingbirds, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Once a week
Spacing: 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm) Height: 10 – 14″ (25 – 36cm) Width: 14 – 20″ (36 – 51cm) Exposure: Sun
General Information: In the garden, the full, well-branched plants show off beautiful flowers. Great choice for mass plantings and containers.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks Transplant to finish: Spring 10 to 12 weeks, Autumn 7 to 9 weeks
- “Sow easy, so awesome”: The most compact seed series matches or surpasses any vegetative series for easy, no-pinch production; terrific uniformity and top-selling colours.
- Delivers 5% higher germination than competitors for higher yields – it’s the best seed-grown osteo for both habit and seed quality.
- Excellent branching assures better pot fill and great bench-to-garden performance.
- Well-suited to mechanized production and high-density programs.
- Plants branch without pinching, all colours flower within a 7 to 10-day window across the Akila series and no vernalisation is needed.
- Full, well-branched plants are drought-tolerant once established.
First multicolour segregating mix includes popular colours like yellow, magicians and rose-reds, as well as purple, lavender, creams and whites.