$4.99 - $27.99
Scientific Name: Tagetes erecta Common Name: African (American) Marigold Hardiness Degree: 32°F (0.0°C) Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright Characteristics: Scented Foliage, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Fragrant Flowers
Spacing: 8 – 10″ (20 – 25cm) Height: 10 – 12″ (25 – 30cm) Width: 8 – 10″ (20 – 25cm) Exposure: Sun
Plug crop time: 3 weeks Transplant to finish: Spring 4 to 6 weeks, Summer 7 to 8 weeks
- Best dwarf African marigold for landscapes – 20% shorter peduncles and 15% thicker stems assure less stretch and breakage.
- Big, tightly petalled blooms on super-strong stems look terrific at retail with less waste, better overhead watering tolerance and longer shelf life.
- Better branching with more aggressive side branching fills packs quickly and delivers a healthier look.
- Larger flowers hold their doubleness and shed water well.
- Performance is so spectacular that Taishan was featured in landscapes at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China.