$4.99 - $29.94
Scientific Name: Impatiens walleriana Common Name: Busy Lizzy, Patience Plant Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright Characteristics: Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Water: MediumFertilize: None or when needed only Spacing: 8 – 10″ (20 – 25cm) Height: 14 – 18″ (36 – 46cm) Width: 12 – 14″ (30 – 36cm) Exposure: Shade, Partial Sun General Information: Shows many flowers in a traditional shade plant that is a low-maintenance, must-have plant for shade gardens.
High resistance to Impatiens downy mildew!
Bring Impatiens walleriana back into production without the risk of disease! Beacon impatiens offers high resistance to the currently known and widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara obducens, which cause Impatiens downy mildew. For lasting colour, you can rely on Beacon impatiens to thrive. Visit BeaconImpatiens.com for more information.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 3 to 4 weeks
- Beacon impatiens exhibits high resistance to the currently known and widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara obducens, which cause Impatiens downy mildew (IDM).
- Beacon impatiens offers the opportunity to bring back into production a well-known, in-demand, easy-to-grow and versatile product for increased sales.
- Extensive trialing has proven that Beacon impatiens provides genetic high resistance to IDM. Beacon is not immune to IDM; there are scenarios where preventative IDM fungicides may be recommended.
- With a plant structure, flowering time, flower size and crop culture that is similar to Super Elfin, Beacon impatiens is easy to incorporate into production planning.
- Fast-filling, season-long colour for gardens and landscapes.