- Your Silver Lace Fern will thrive in medium to bright indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight–it will scorch the leaves.
- Maintaining the correct soil moisture is key to keeping your Silver Lace Fern happy and healthy. The soil should be kept moist, but not soggy. When watering, soak thoroughly until water flows from the bottom of the pot through the drainage holes. Never let water collect and puddle in the saucer, as this can lead to root rot.
- The Silver Lace Fern will appreciate a bit of extra humidity. Mist frequently and use a pebble tray to increase humidity levels.
- The ideal room temperature for your Silver Lace Fern is between 55-75 degrees. If the temperature falls below 55 degrees, it will stop growing. Avoid drafts and direct air from heating and cooling vents.
- Use a general-purpose liquid houseplant fertilizer diluted to half strength once every month during the spring and summer. No need to feed your plant in the winter, when growth naturally slows. Before applying any form of fertilizer, make sure the soil is damp. Never apply fertilizer to dry soil.
- Silver Lace Ferns are non-toxic to humans and pets.