Liven up your back borders and cutting gardens with a dazzling blend of light colors. Excellent, well-formed flowers march up sturdy, 36-48″ stalks for a very unique, formal look. This colorful mix is very showy, the blossoms creating wonderful cut-flower bouquets and interesting indoor arrangements. With blooms this fine, you may be surprised to find how easy to grow and carefree they are, but these fast-flowering plants are just that. Place foxglove in groups for a dramatic garden design that you can enjoy from late spring to midsummer. They do best in humus-rich, well-drained soil, but are tolerant of other soil types, too. Butterflies and other pollinators love the tubular shape of these blooms. Deer and rabbit resistant. Digitalis purpurea ‘Camelot’.
- Botanical Name: Digitalis purpurea ‘Camelot Mix’
- Height: 36 – 48 inches
- Ship As: 2″ POT
- Spacing: 18 – 24 inches
- Spread: 18 – 24 inches
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Color: Red, Purple, Pink, White, Mixed
- Foliage Type: Medium green large oval shaped basal leaves.
- Bloom Time: Late spring through midsummer.
- Flower Form: Spike up to 3′ in length. Each bloom is tubular-bell shaped resembling thimbles.
- Planting Instructions: Plant 1-2′ apart, water well. All plant parts are poisonous to humans, cattle and horses. Plant away from livestock. Leaves contain a heart stimulant.
- Soil Requirements: Prefers humus rich, well drained soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate to fast
- Pruning: Remove spent flowerheads to encourage more blooms.
- Winter Care: Mulch in colder climates to prevent heaving of plants due to alternate freezing and thawing winter weather.