Scientific Name: Begonia x hybrida Common Name: Begonia Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C) Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer Plant Habit: Upright Characteristics: Drought Tolerant, Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Heat Tolerant, Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Spacing: 12 – 15″ (30 – 38cm) Height: 12 – 15″ (30 – 38cm) Width: 15 – 18″ (38 – 46cm) Exposure: Partial Sun
Plug crop time: 7 to 8 weeks Transplant to finish: 7 to 9 weeks
- Grows lush and vigorous in southern U.S. heat and under cool, stressful conditions of northern Europe and Canada.
- Unique and beautiful arching, pendulous habit is spectacular in hanging baskets, large containers and commercial landscaping plantings.
- Angel-wing leaves and large blooms give Dragon Wing a dramatically different look.
- Easy to grow from pelleted seed, it surpasses vegetative varieties for branching, vigour and “flower power.”
- Features best-in-class “bullet-proof” performance, fast fill-in and an easy-care nature.
Georgia Gold Medal Winners‘Bepapink’