Cooking with Cilantro
- 3 cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 orange wedge
- 2 ounces campari
- 4 ounces club soda
Muddle cilantro sprigs with sugar and orange wedge in a glass. Add Campari and ice. Add club soda. Stir.
Cilantro & Ginger Hummus
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (you can use dry and cook your own too)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup water (or reserve the chickpea cooking water if you use dry beans)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
First you need to peel off the chickpea skins.
In a food processor blend the chickpeas until they are a coarse grain. Now add the tahini, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, cilantro and salt. Blend for a full minute or two. Now with the processor still running drizzle in the oil and then the water. For an even smoother, thinner consistency add more water.
Green Goddess Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half and pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- Nonstick cooking spray or neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic (or 1/2 of a larger clove)
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (I used 2 tablespoons each basil, chives, cilantro, and parsley)
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 hamburger buns or sandwich rolls
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Prepare grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Spray the chicken with nonstick spray (or brush with a neutral oil) and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper.
- Place chicken on the hot grill rack and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Remove the chicken from grill and let it stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the green goddess sauce: In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely chopped. Add herbs and pulse again until finely chopped.
- Add avocado, yogurt, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, ground white pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process until mixture is well combined (there will be visible flecks of herbs).
- Build sandwiches using buns, spinach, chicken and Green Goddess Sauce.